Fooooood glorious food and wine and beer and chocolate…. the list goes on. There is an abundance of restaurants, cafes, small bars and street style markets all over Perth, plus new places popping up every week. This category is nearly impossible to narrow down but WE DID IT. Here are our top 5 foodie experience in Perth this summer.
Want to experience the best of Perth’s street food scene? Take in the Twilight Hawkers Markets in the CBD to taste delights from all over the globe at Perth’s biggest street food market. The markets run from 4.30pm until 9pm every Friday night until April and feature live music to add to the festivities.
Image Credit: Hummingbird
High Tea at The George
Head to The George on St George’s Terrace for a luxury food experience with their weekend High Tea.
The traditional afternoon high tea features scones, tartlets, macarons, open sandwiches and other bite-sized treats, with a wide range of teas available.
> Their original High Tea is $45 pp, and you can add a glass of sparkling, a cocktail or some Mumm for an extra $5-$15. Bookings are recommended.
Image Credit: The George Facebook
Small Bars Experience
Want an exclusive small bar outing? We were only meant to pick one but we just couldn’t decide, so here’s two:
- Go directly to Varnish, do not pass go and head straight to Varnish on King! Renown for the best whiskey and bacon selection in Perth the two are a match made in heaven (don’t believe us, try it for yourself). See the menu – here
- Check out Sneaky Tony’s and have some delicious eats and tipples. To enter the bar you need to collect the password from their Facebook account – making it a place only for those in the know. Previous password are utterances such as ‘I’m in the mood for rum’ and ‘I’m looking for Tony’.
Image credit: Varnish on King Facebook
For those that simply cannot decide on what they feel like (we’ve all been there) the answer is 140. It’s Perth’s destination for great restaurants and bars in the centre of the CBD. The block features restaurants such as the Jamie Oliver destination ‘Jamie’s Italian’, the chocoholic’s indulgence ‘Koko Black’, dim sum institution ‘Bambamboo’, and one of our favourite roof top watering holes to escape the city ‘The Aviary’.
> The 140 is a great place to start if you’re not sure what you want to eat but you do know that you want it to be delicious!
Image Credit: The Aviary Facebook
If chocolate is your favourite indulgence then this tour is the one for you.
The three hour walking tour of the city takes in the best chocolate haunts around the CBD with expert guidance on the chocolate-making process from your tour guide.
> With chocolate tastings at all venues and the chance for some great discounts on purchases, at $49 pp this is great value for those with a sweet tooth. Check online and book for the next available tour, starting at Forrest Chase.
Image credit: Foodi Facebook
Perth Park Stay & Eat
Get to know the real Perth and we’ll take care of the rest. Look forward to an energising break where you can drive to hotel have your car valet parked, stay in comfort and style then head into Perth city and discover all the new places to wine and dine.
Perth Package Includes:
- Accommodation at one of Perth’s Best Hotels
- Full Buffet Breakfast in Gusti Restaurant
- Valet Parking for one vehicle
- Valid for up to 2 adults, subject to availability