Summer Fun in Perth – Music Festivals!
Kick off your summer in Perth with a fantastic line up of performers at the Making Gravy live music festival. In recent years, Making Gravy has grown to become one of Perth’s most popular live music festivals. With stunning surrounds and great music it’s easy to see why. Read about its highlights here.
Let’s Make Gravy this Summer
Making Gravy has become an essential live music festival held in Perth during December over the past few years drawing in crowds in their thousands. Now in its third year, performer and songwriter Paul Kelly and his special guests will rock Stadium Park at Optus Stadium, in Perth on the 7th of December 2019. With summer in full bloom, tickets are sure to sell fast. Book your tickets and then book your stay at a luxury hotel with good pricing taking in the best views that Perth has to offer.
Celebrating the Life of Paul Kelly
The Making Gravy festival celebrates the music career of Paul Kelly. It’s a four decade long career. His Christmas classic, ‘How To Make Gravy’ will feature. There will be other performers, selected by Paul to showcase the best and brightest local talent in today’s music scene. It’s a concert you don’t want to miss. Kick back and enjoy the music within the stunning surrounds of Perth’s newest outdoor venue set against the backdrop of the Swan River and a beautiful Perth sunset.
Explore the Line Up
Along with Paul Kelly, there will be Courtney Barnett, Kate Miller-Heidke and Marlon Williams. To find out more about each act just read below.
Paul Kelly is one of Australia’s greatest performers and songwriters, having been inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 1997. In 2017, he was awarded the Order of Australia for his distinguished service to the performing arts and the promotion of the national identity through his contributions as singer, songwriter and musician. To his record he holds:
- 24 studio albums
- Multiple film soundtracks
- 2 live albums
- 2 ARIA #1 albums
- ARIA Awards for Best Male
- ARIA for Best Adult Contemporary Album
- ARIA Best Cover Art and Engineer Of The Year
Courtney Bartnett is one of Australia’s music biggest success stories of recent years. She embodies a uniquely Australian feel through her lyrics, distinctive voice and guitar work. Some of her tracks include, ‘Avant Gardener’, ‘Elevator Operator’, and ‘Nameless Faceless’. To her record she holds:
- The first female artist to win the ARIA for Best Rock Album
- Triple J’s Album of the Year
- The Australian Music Prize
- Grammy nomination ( which includes international work)
- Two EPs
- Performances in festivals around the world
Kate Miller-Heidke brought Australia to the world with her show-stopping top 10 performance of ‘Zero Gravity’ at the Eurovision Song Contest. She is an award-winning singer-songwriter and has performed across genres like indie-pop, folk, and opera. To her record she holds:
- The only artist in history to perform at the New York Metropolitan Opera
- Written for & performed in operas & stage productions around the world
- Performances at the Eurovision Song Contest & Coachella
- 4 studio albums ( currently work on her 5th studio album)
- Multi-platinum artist
- Creator of calm music for children’s hospitals & other stressful environments
Marlon Williams is a singer-songwriter, guitarist and actor from Lyttelton, New Zealand. He has performed solo as well as with current backing group the ‘Yarra Benders’. In addition, he has appeared on television and film too. To his record he holds:
- Won New Zealand Music Awards
- Nominated for New Zealand Music Award for Critics Choice Prize
- Won Best Country Music Award
- 2015 APRA Silver Scroll Award for best song
- 2018 APRA Silver Scroll Award for best song
With such a stellar line up of performers, you wouldn’t want to miss Making Gravy, so get your tickets today and book your stay at our luxury hotel that overlooks the beautiful Swan River and is in close proximity (just 4.3 km) to the Optus Stadium. Just contact us today and we will take care of the rest for you.